OUR ENVIROMENTAL POLICY
We believe in meeting our needs of today without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. This means constructing homes which are modest in size, strong and warm.
We have embraced the use of solar energy and all our homes come fitted with an integrated solar system. Our homes are built to exacting thermal efficiency standards greatly reducing the cost of fuel bills and are built to last with minimal maintenance.
We source locally produced quarry materials and timbers from Scotland.
We began a programme of planting many native trees in October 2009 to help protect the genetic diversity that is unique to Orkney. To date we have planted over 500 trees ranging from Alders, Whitebeam, Oak, Rowan, Birch, Pine and many more species which share a northern providence. We've also constructed a small park adjacent to the development for residents to enjoy.
The following is a summary of our commitments to the environment:
- We will build homes that are designed to last for generations
- We will build practical homes that are modest in size
- We will construct homes that are healthy to live in
- We will continue to invest in effective ways of insulating our homes to reduce fuel bills
- We will manage rainwater and redirect it back to the water table
- We will fit solar panels to all our houses
- We will be responsible to the local ecology and invest in landscaping.